This morning brought about another quick carcast, followed by some very valuable advice for all e-commerce operators.
Press play and find out!
To implement shopping cart recovery, you can use commercial services such as SeeWhy.com.
But here’s how you can build a free alternative – a fully functional shopping cart recovery setup.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A persistent shopping cart (so you can save the cart contents for further processing)
- Capture email FIRST in your store (otherwise, you cannot follow up with offers)
- Track cart abandonment – this may take some detective work but it’s always possible!
- Add to email sequence of three (one hour later – one day later – three days later).
- Unsubscribe from Recovery List once they bought the cart contents
So WHY a specific email list with three followup messages?
Because you’ll want to help people in the following situations:
- One HOUR later: Those who just forgot to follow through or got distracted by something else (NOT uncommon 😉 )
- One DAY later: Those who ran out of time or something came up while shopping
- THREE days later: Those who “needed time to think it through”
Right? Makes sense?
Go do it – your bottom line depends on it!