Let me ask you something a tiny bit controversial today:
- What’s moving the big tides around the world?
- What created the Arab Spring?
- What’s animating the Occupy Wall Street protestors?
- What created the 2008 financial meltdown?
- What’s shaking the entire European economy right now?
Just one word… EMOTION.
So why conceal it behind a persona, industry conventions, or anything at all?!
If you think raw emotion channeled to a purpose can move global currents… do you think it just MIGHT do the same in your market?
In other words:
If your emails instill deep emotion and curiosity, do you think that just might make a big difference to your open rates and clickthrough rates?
If your sales copy is dripping with emotion and channeling desire, do you think that just might keep them reading and look for the order button?
You bet it does!
Like it or not, humans are emotional beings. Provided with the chance to react with emotion, they will do so, even involuntarily. When that happens, you have the option to channel that emotion into turning the desired action. So take off your mask and let it show!